Trout Paintings

Friday, October 29, 2010

The Smartest Animals in the world

While I have been on FMLA I have been staying busy feeding and changing diapers on the triplets. But also have managed to watch a number of documentaries; documentaries about animals. Two stand out in my mind one about Crows and one about elephants. The one about crows confirmed what I already knew- Crows are the smartest animal in the world (along with elephants and chimps), this made me happy since I am a huge crow proponent, and feel that they are misunderstood. Two interesting facts are that crows can recognize people faces and associate them with events, they can also make tools to solve simple problems, this already makes them smarter than a lot of people.
I also learned some new things about elephants: they are smart too, maybe not as smart as crows but they can pass knowledge down from generation to generation which is cool.

Here are two paintings that celebrate the brains of the animal world....thank you crows and elephants you make the world a much brighter place.


"Wise old Elephant"

No comments:

Post a Comment