Trout Paintings

Sunday, May 4, 2014

OSA May Show

Here are 3 paintings that I have in this month's Oregon Society of Artist gallery show. I just got back from the Artist reception and got some good feedback from the Juror who happens to be a very good pastel/ oils artist, my paintings did not receive any ribbons but she liked my paintings a lot especially the vineyard one. Here they are:
"McMinnville Vineyard"
"Farmers Market" (Portland South Park blocks)
"Dreary Day in Old Town" Lately I have been obsessed with the works of Alvaro Castagnet and Joseph Zbukvic two of my favorite watercolor artist this painting is influenced by their impressionistic styles but obviously I have a lot of learning and practice to get even close to the work they produce, but I Still like how it came out. Here I am at the gallery hanging

2 comments:

  1. Nice work, Phil. I'm partial to the "Farmer's market" and "Old Town." They evoke sensations of being right there on the street.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phil, your "Farmers Market" came out so good!!That one and your "Old Town" are my faves. In the "Farmers Market" I like the details you put in the people. For example, the purse, camera bag, man's glasses, kids and balloon, etc.Your people are definitely getting better and better. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete