Trout Paintings

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 Review

2014 was a great year for painting, I made a lot of progress in the quality of my watercolors but there is still a ton to improve upon. It was also a good year for showing my paintings having several solo exhibits at Atomic Pizza and Rolling River Distillery and two group shows at the Oregon Society of Artist even sold a few paintings to fund all the watercolor paper I've been buying.

Here are a few of my favorite paintings for the past year.

McMinnville Vineyard
15x22 - $300
Spring Showers - Willamette Valley
15x22 - $300
Wishing Well
9x12 - $95
Fuller's Cafe
9x12 $95
PCT - Mt Jefferson
9x12 $95

Misty Morning
12x16 $150
Edge of the Earth - Nehelem Bay St Park
15x22 $300
Sheets of waves - Ecola State Park
15x22 $300

2015 Looks to be a another good year of art I have several shows scheduled for the summer and just hung my paintings at  Anna Bananas in St Johns neighborhood for the month of January I have also entered the painting Edge of the Earth for the "Collective art show" at Gallery 360 in Vancouver. Check them out if you are in the area.
Somethings I hope to work on for next year are:
- establish more consistency in paint stroke and colors
- get better at painting human figures in street-scapes
-  and try some portraits in watercolor

 Thanks for looking and happy painting

No comments:

Post a Comment