Trout Paintings

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Salmon River in Fall

Here are a couple paintings based on some sketches I did on a recent hike on the Salmon river near Welches Oregon, a beautiful little river running through the old growth forest on the west slope of Mt. Hood.

This is the ink and wash sketch done on on location.


the small painting based on this sketch

This was from a little bit up stream in the morning there was a mist coming off the river I tried to capture it in this painting. 




I have been wanting to do a simple pastureland scene for a while, this painting was painting from a picture of a Willamette valley farm, it was inspired my some of similar paintings by Joseph Zbukvic I think it came out pretty good, next time I will add cows.


Thanks for looking

No comments:

Post a Comment